Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beirut: A Sunday Smile


The first time I heard Beirut, I thought, those are some wistful, amazingly talented gypsies. Where did you get your treasures gypsy? Upon further investigation, I found it was merely one young New Mexico native writing and recording these sublime songs. "A Sunday Smile" is from the album The Flying Club Cup.

My cohort, Pink-Streaker describes the song as a Sepia Tone Carnival.

Song Breakdown:

Best Place and Time for Listen

Prafessa Hotsawze: Car with windows down . . . let's say in Spring.

Pink-Streaker: Lying in a hammock.

If This Song Was a Celebrity It Would Be

Prafessa Hotsawze: Hervé Jean-Pierre Villechaize (Tattoo from Fantasy Island)

Pink-Streaker: Opted for Gonzo from The Muppets

Listen, love it and thank me later. And as always, we pity the fools that don't like it. That's you just announcing your embarassingly bad taste to your friends and family.








A Sunday Smile - Beirut